About the Journal
Peer Review Process
Each article passes process of reviewing by the independent expert who is an acknowledged specialist in field of knowledge in scope of the provided work and whom determines a person responsible for release. Procedure of reviewing is anonymous, both for the author, and for the reviewer (article is coded - the code is provided to it and the information about authors is removed).
Reviewers give their opinions in writing, assessing theoretical and methodological level of the article, its practical value and scientific importance. Reviewers highlight the following aspects:
• compliance of the article theme with the research profile of the journal;
• topicality of the research;
• correspondence of the article title to its content;
• consistency and credibility of scientific argumentation of the main points of the article;
• sufficient proof of basic research results;
• presence of elements of scientific novelty in them;
• reflection of the research results in the conclusions;
• the need to reduce, delete, expand or rewrite some parts of the article;
• the need to clarify in terms of style, language and terminology used;
• sufficient quantity and quality of references and correct links to them.
The term of the review is agreed with the person in charge of the issue.
Reviewers are notified of the received manuscript being the intellectual property of the author.
The scientific journal is issued 2 times a year.
Open Access Policy
This journal practices policy of immediate open access published contents, supporting the principles of free distribution of scientific information and a global exchange of knowledge for the general public progress.
The editorial board of the "Public Policy and Accounting" (published by Zhytomyr Polytechnic State University) recommends to everyone involved in the publication process (authors, reviewers and editors) to adhere to the publication standards set by the Committee on Publication Ethics (http://publicationethics.org) and Ethics Code of a Scientist of Ukraine (http://znc.com.ua/ukr/news/2009/20090123ethic.php).
Ethical Obligations of the Editors:
- All submitted materials are carefully selected and reviewed. The editorial board reserves the right to reject an article or return it as requiring improvement.
- An editor should consider all manuscripts offered for publication without prejudice, evaluating each on its merits without regard to race, religion, nationality, status, or institutional affiliation of the author(s).
- The editor should not disclose any information about the manuscript under consideration to anyone other than those asked for their professional advice.
- After a positive decision has been made about a manuscript, it should be published in the printed and online versions of the journal. It is acceptable to spread the articles published in the journal or quotations over the Internet with precondition of appropriate referencing and providing links to the primary source.
- An editor should respect the intellectual property of authors.
Ethical Obligations of Authors:
- The main duty of an author is to present an accurate account of the research performed as well as objectively discuss its significance.
- The authors should meet the requirements for publications.
- The whole responsibility for the content of articles and for the fact of publication rests with the author(s). An article may be withdrawn in case somebody's rights or generally accepted norms are violated. Editors inform the author(s) of the article about the fact of withdrawal.
- An author should cite those publications that have been influential in determining the nature of the reported work and that will guide the reader quickly to the earlier work that is essential for understanding the present investigation.
- In submitting the manuscript for publication, an author should inform the editor about the related manuscripts that the author has under editorial consideration or in press. An author should confirm that the article does not contain plagiarism.
- The co-authors of a paper should be all those persons who have made significant scientific contributions to the work reported and who share responsibility and accountability for the results.
- The author who submits a manuscript of several authors for publication corresponds with the editor, accepts the responsibility of having other co-authors’ permission to publish the article.
- The authors should ensure the absence of contractual obligations or ownership considerations that could have an impact on the publication of the submitted manuscript.
Ethical Obligations of Reviewers of Manuscripts:
- All members of the editorial board are reviewers.
- Reviewing is a confidential process. Information on the article (terms of receipt, content, subject matter, peculiarities of reviewing, remarks to the author, final decision on publication, etc.) is not shared with anyone except the authors and reviewers.
- Reviewers should remember that received manuscript is the intellectual property of the author(s). Reviewers may not copy the submitted article before it is published.
- Reviewers should explain and support their judgments adequately so that editors and authors may understand the basis of their comments. Any statement that an observation, derivation, or argument had been previously reported should be accompanied by the relevant citation. Unsupported assertions by reviewers (or by authors in rebuttal) are of little value and should be avoided.
- A reviewer should be sensitive to the appearance of a conflict of interest when the manuscript under review is closely related to the reviewer’s work in progress or published. If in doubt, the reviewer should return the manuscript promptly without review, advising the editor of the conflict of interest.